In the era of occupied things, it is hard to completely resort to professional services to take care of your fish properly. Occasionally, you also need to do necessary simple tasks on your lonesome, surely. With the leap of chemical tech, fish hobbyists now can test their own water quality with a high percentage of accuracy as much. Have you wondered what you should buy? Are you worried about the real quality of the product you have been aiming at? All of your concerns are no longer a tough-to-answer question anymore, as the top 5 of the best aquarium test kits in the list below will benefit you hugely, and certainly, your right decision is going to be made in the end.
Top 5 Best Aquarium Test Kits You Should Not Miss
Top 1 of the best aquarium test kits: API Aquarium Test Kit
[sc name=”amz” asin=”B000255NCI” ]
- Well-rounded: This product contains the test kit that is inclusive of 7 bottles of testing solutions, a bonus of 1 color card, and 4 glass tubes with a cap as well, for the most accurate result scientifically expected.
- Water problem-free: First and foremost, it helps you out with monitoring water quality and keeps invisible water issues from posing any hazard to fish, and causes overall fish loss as well.
- 5 vital water parameters levels: The lightweight device features 5 of the most essential water parameters levels in freshwater aquariums for multifunctional use.
- Specialized: The manufacturer claims that this test kit is specialized for freshwater, meaning that you actually can bank on the functions designed because the more concentrated it is, the more accurate the product seems to be.
- On the downside, the glass test tubes appear very fragile and every time I think about using them, I am worried that they will shatter right away.
[sc name=”amz” asin=”B01BHU9J6C” ]
- Accurate: Nothing is more contented than having your test results given back correctly after trials and errors. But, surprisingly, with this device, you don’t even have to assiduously associate your results expected with how they are measured carefully, as the manufacturer promises that their products are genuinely impeccable. Your remainder is just to wait and feel the results as much.
- No water problems: You may be negatively obsessed with what other brands offer, I mean literally, their products are sooner or later have an adverse impact on water, but you cannot help feeling satisfied with this brand. I am as sure as hell that no water problems are going to be detected at any point of use. Just chill out with the test kit and take care of your entire aquarium.
- Its instructions on operation are not obvious enough for users to feel relieved whenever there are any problems arise during the time of use.
[sc name=”amz” asin=”B0053PQL8M” ]
- Accurate and healthy: By quickly testing for all kinds of water quality issues in your aquarium, this device provides accurate results with almost no effort and has the most advanced technology in water testing technology in the market compared to its rivals. You basically can expect a healthy aquatic environment to promote a vibrant aquarium.
- Multipurpose: This kit is the most state-of-the-art one that the company is currently offering with a great variety of testing ways, ranging from ammonia, chlorine, nitrates to alkalinity and even pH levels as well.
- Fast and furious: The product not only accurately works but also produces results within no time, meaning you just have to wait for 60 seconds to see the levels of substances in your aquarium.
- The only problem that you may encounter is your complaints related to every issue during any time of use, as the customer service team doesn’t attempt to respond on time.
[sc name=”amz” asin=”B000HHNZYO” ]
- Various options: Your business is just to choose the test method that works best for you. Whether you’re a bit pressed for time, or you lean towards measuring your parameters on a more in-depth scale, or you just need to test one or two parameters specifically, API serves you best at any rate.
- Accurate and fast: It is suggested that you just dip a 5-in-1 test strip in your aquarium, swirl twice, and make a comparison based on the provided color chart for fast and accurate results in no time, on account of the technological advancement.
- Multifunctional: There is a high likelihood that you don’t prefer your money to be wasted on two or more different devices simultaneously. But how to set aside? The secret has been revealed when this brand appeared. They offer specific test kits that enable you to check on so many levels of parameters, from general hardness to pH and even nitrate if needed.
- It would be perfect for short-term use but if you desire to keep the kit longer than several months, it seems to be impossible.
[sc name=”amz” asin=”B003XJAZDW” ]
- Convenient: With a compact test kit in your hand, you can take measures against algae, for instance, quickly with ease, it even doesn’t require chemicals involved.
- Highly applicable: No matter what you expect it to measure, I bet you all feel comfortable and pleased with the results coming out. It can work with pH value, total hardness, carbonate hardness, and even iron or chlorine also.
- As ideal as the convenience is, the product might have been designed with average materials, which means it is not long-lasting as far as expected.
Why do you need to test the water quality of your aquarium?
There are five reasons why a fish hobbyist has to test water quality in the aquarium:
To avoid a large amount of ammonia remained:
If ammonia levels are enabled to be too high, it can have an adverse effect on your tank inhabitants as much. Unfortunately, if the water isn’t tested frequently the first sign of high ammonia levels is detrimental fish for sure. Ammonia is a by-product of fish waste and is extremely toxic for their health. Those high levels can be caused by overfeeding, sometimes due to too many fish, or as part of the cycling of a new aquarium.
To detect dead fish:
If you in some way see these signs, you must treat them with a relevant ammonia remover right after. To keep ammonia levels from rising in the future, fish keepers should avoid overfeeding or overcrowding and sustain a clean tank while continuing regular testing as such.
To preventing algae:
If the water looks murky and green, this is perhaps caused by algae blooms. Testing for phosphates will hands-down show a high level if your water seems to be unclear. Algae thrive on light, water, nutrients (usually phosphates), and can spread throughout your tank quickly. Good maintenance and treatment will get the problem out. Again testing at regular intervals will help deter nuisance algae from growing as said.
To detect calcium:
Testing the calcium levels is indispensable for a reef tank to be healthy. Corals use calcium to form and uphold their skeletons. They draw the calcium from the reef water, and consequently, it can be depleted as quickly as possible. Testing for calcium levels and adding the appropriate supplement can restore the nutrient into the water as sure as hell. Most reef aquarists aim to remain the calcium level at about 380 – 420ppm for best.
To check on the chlorine:
Tap water contains chlorine to make it safe for humans, yet it is not safe for fish consumption. So if you use it to top off your aquarium, it needs to be treated with a de-chlorinator to make it highly suitable. To know if the chlorine level is safely 0, use the test to highlight the levels so that you can be sure.
To get to know about pH levels:
The pH level is nothing but one of the most important factors. Marine tanks particularly need regular testing to ensure that the pH level is actually correct. The pH level indicates how acidic or alkaline the water is. In saltwater aquariums, it’s typically more acidic which is advantageous to the reef and marine life. If the pH is higher than around 7, it’s more of a nuisance than being necessary.
FAQs About Best Aquarium Stand
What are aquarium test kits?
An aquarium test kit is a tool designed to measure a water parameter specifically based on certain criteria. If you want to get results in keeping fish, then it’s something you must come to terms with right away.
The reason a test kit is so essential is that any imbalance in water parameters possibly causes chaos in your tank. For example, take nitrites – if the levels in your tank are currently too high, your fish are going to die, certainly.
By intermittently testing the water with a test kit, you can ensure the water parameters are within safe levels and act if they are not to save your fish’s life.
How often should a fish keeper use test kits?
When you first cycle your aquarium, you need to test your water day by day so that you can keep an eye on how your new tank is gradually progressing via the nitrogen cycle.
When your tank is set up and cycled, and you have developed a good maintenance routine, you can cut back on the testing to once a week.
Certainly, if you take notice of any irregularities in your aquarium, such as stressed fish or cloudy water, test right away– you might find that a single water parameter is basically responsible for the issue.
Can you believe in the accuracy of a test kit?
Home test kits have unceasingly improved from their humble beginnings. Now, apart from professional devices, home testing kits can give users peace of mind. They are constructed to be reliable and provide accurate results as much as possible. The testing kit will tell you detailed information on whether or not the water is contaminated and on what level it is, if so. It will also show which contaminants may be inflicting your water supply when used for decorating or taking care of your little fish.
Thanks to the advancement of technology, you now can no doubt place trust on those devices, I bet! However, whether the result is correct or not all depends on how you set up the kit and on what level you comply with the instructions attached as well.